Are you wondering if you can connect your Ring camera to your TV so that you can see who's at the door without having to get up when you're watching TV? We did the research, and we're glad to share the answer with you.
You can connect your Ring Camera to your TV, but only with Samsung TVs with a built-in SmartThings app and TVs using the Amazon Fire TV Stick. You can still see a live feed of your Ring cameras on Roku display devices and Apple TV by screen mirroring from your Android or iOS smartphones.
Keep on reading to learn how to connect your Ring Camera to your TV so you can enjoy this feature at home. Let's go right into it!
How To View Your Ring Camera on a Smart TV
Ring enhances home security with the use of its advanced alarm security system. It comes with video doorbells and security cameras that allow you to see what's happening in different parts of your house.
These devices can detect motion in their vicinity and you'll get a notification on your mobile devices for any unusual happenings. You also get to see, hear, and talk to the person at the door using your smartphone or tablet. Everything is so convenient! You can monitor what's going on in your home right at your fingertips.
But of course, it would be better if you could also see the live view from your Ring cameras on your TV, wouldn't it?
Picture this. You're watching an exciting playoff basketball game. The game is tied and it's down to the last two minutes when suddenly you hear your doorbell ringing. Of course, you don't want to get up to check on the door, or else you'll miss the action, right? These are the moments when you wish you could see who's at the door through your TV.
Well, guess what? You can do it! Or at least if you have any of these two: a Samsung TV with a built-in SmartThings app or a TV that uses the Amazon Fire TV Stick, but there are also other ways to view your Ring camera on your smart TV as we'll discuss below.
Can you get a Ring Camera on a Firestick?
Your Ring camera and other security devices are compatible with Alexa-enabled devices such as the Amazon Fire TV Stick. When you use this on your TV, you can view the live feed from your Ring camera on your TV.
Check out this Fire TV Stick on Amazon.
Here's how to do it.
- Open the Alexa App on your smartphone.
- Select Skills from the menu.
- Install Ring skills specifically programmed for Alexa.
- You can now add all your Ring devices (video doorbells and security cameras) to the Alexa app.
That's it! You can now ask Alexa to do stuff for you involving your Ring devices since they're already included in the app's skills. No other set-up requirements are needed!
To check out what's going on, just go to the Smart Home Dashboard and you'll be able to get a live view of what's being captured by your Ring cameras.
Some Fire TV and Smart TV models also support the Picture-in-Picture Live View feature wherein you can see who rang your doorbell from your TV screen even while you're watching TV. A small screen will pop at your TV's top right corner so you can see who's at the door without interrupting the show that you're watching.
The 2nd Generation Amazon Fire TV Cube has this feature together with the 2020 models of Insignia and Toshiba 4K Fire TV Editions.
Can you get a Ring Camera on a Samsung TV?
Ring says that you can manage your Ring devices using the Samsung SmartThings app. So, if your Samsung TV has this platform, you can set it up to view the camera feed on your TV. Here's how.
- Open the SmartThings App from your smartphone.
- Select Add Device from the menu.
- Choose your Ring Doorbell or Camera from the list.
- Enter your Ring account details.
- Choose your settings and which notifications you want to see on your TV. You will now receive notifications on your TV when your security cameras are triggered.
- Get your TV remote and go to the SmartThings App.
- Enable the Ring Doorbell or Camera alerts to finish setting up the device.
To view the camera from your TV, just go to the Quick Launch bar or your SmartThings app and choose the video feed that you want to see.
Can you get a Ring Camera on a Roku?
Roku software allows you to convert your TV into a smart TV and enjoy apps available on its channel store. Unfortunately, the Ring App isn't a part of its lineup.
But if you have Roku on your TV, there's a way for you to view the live feed from your Ring Camera. You can cast the video or mirror the screen from your iOS or Android phone to your TV screen. Here's how.
Click this link to find this product on Amazon.
For Android Users
- Go to the Ring App on your phone.
- Sign in to your account.
- Access the Settings Menu and choose the Set Up a Device option.
- Choose the Ring devices that you want to connect.
- Follow the screen prompts to finish setting up.
- Go to your phone's Settings menu.
- Choose Systems.
- Select System Settings.
- Press Screen Mirroring.
- Enable Screencast.
- From your phone's notification panel, choose the Screencast icon.
- Select your Roku device from the list.
- Now, go back to your Ring App and choose Ring Camera.
- Click the Go Live button so you can stream the live feed from your Ring Camera on your TV.
There you go! Just make sure that your Android phone and Roku display device are both connected to the same Wi-Fi network to make screen mirroring possible.
For iOS users
Make sure your Roku device is updated as it already supports the AirPlay feature. Again, your Roku device and iOS unit have to be connected to only one Wi-Fi network to be able to transmit data from one unit to the other.
Here's how to screen mirror your Ring Camera on your Roku device.
- Select Apple Airplay and HomeKit from your Roku Settings.
- Choose Airplay from the Apple Airplay and HomeKit menu. Turn it on.
- Access the Control Center of your iOS device.
- Press the Screen Mirroring icon.
- Select Roku from the provided list of available devices.
- Check the Airplay Passcode that'll be displayed on your Roku device.
- Input the given passcode and press OK.
- Launch the Ring app on your iOS device.
- Log in with your account details.
- Choose the Ring security camera and you'll see the live feed on your Roku screen.
There you go! You can now watch your camera's live video feed on your Roku device.
Can you get a Ring Camera on Apple TV?
Your Ring Camera cannot be directly paired to your Apple TV. But if you're using HomeBridge on your Apple TV, you will also be able to access your Ring camera. You can see a live feed on your home screen by doing the steps below:
- Go to the Control Center of your Apple TV.
- Select the HomeKit button.
- Choose Camera. This will let you view the live feed of your Ring camera on your Apple TV.
If you have set up multiple Ring security cameras, you will see a grid view of all the screens. Use the arrow keys to choose the screen that you want to enlarge.
You can turn on the Picture in Picture feature on the Ring camera that you want to view. Access the playback controls then choose Picture in Picture from the menu. This will allow you to see the live feed on a little screen while you're watching your favorite show on your Apple TV.
You can also use your Siri remote to access your Ring camera. Just press the Siri button on the remote and say, "Show me [name of your Ring camera in your Home App]."
There are many ways for you to access your Ring camera on your smart TV. Monitoring your home safety and security has never been this convenient.
Feel free to visit the following posts for some related reading:
How To Set Entry Delay On Ring Alarm [Inc. Troubleshooting When Not Working]