Whether you are redecorating your bathroom or simply upgrading your current showerhead, it can be confusing to choose among the brands on the market today. If you're trying to decide between Delta, Moen, and Kohler showerheads, keep reading. We researched the brands for this article.
Delta, Moen, and Kohler are all popular brands of showerheads. When it comes to price, Delta is the most affordable, and it offers a lifetime warranty. Moen showerheads are durable at a practical price, while Kohler is regarded as the easiest to install, although their products cost more.
We know it's hard to choose one brand over another, especially since you want to get your money's worth. Keep reading because we will be sharing a buyer's guide that will help you choose the right brand of showerhead.
Which Showerhead Brand To Choose
You might think that all showerheads are the same because they perform the same function. But you should choose the type that suits your style, bathroom finish, installation needs, and budget. We will compare these highly rated brands below to help make your decision easier.
Delta was founded in 1954. The company started out selling faucets. Over the years, the brand widened its selections into kitchen and bathroom fixtures while maintaining high standards of quality, durability, and innovation.
For those who are sticking to a budget, Delta is a great option because of their pricing diversity. They have showerheads priced at $50 and others in the $100 range. Delta is also perfect for those who would like to have a lifetime warranty on their product.
Many people buy Delta products because they offer cutting-edge technology, like the features listed below:
- H20Kinetic: Showerheads in this particular collection release water in a unique pattern, creating the feeling of high pressure.
- Delta In2ition: This feature provides the option of using a hand-held shower head and a regular shower head at the same time or separately, depending on your preference.
- Spot guard: This exterior coating can be found on most Delta products. It makes Delta showerheads easier to clean.
Check out this Delta H20Kinetic showerhead on Amazon.
From hand-held shower heads to rain shower heads, Delta has a variety of designs and finishes. It all boils down to the your preference and the features that you are looking for.
Check out this Delta In2Ition showerhead on Amazon.
Moen is also a popular choice for bathroom fixtures. The brand was founded in 1937 by Al Moen, who designed the first single-hand faucet.
Moen is all about function, technology, and durability. The company has been in business long enough to know what it takes to make a showerhead that is worth every penny.
Moen is known for its rain shower technology, Eco-Performance product line, and unique shower fixtures that mimic a spa-like experience.
- Rainshower technology: Moen fixtures with this feature offer balanced water pressure. This feature provides self-pressurizing channels that ensure the water pressure remains consistent.
- Eco-Performance product line: Showerheads from this collection allow users to monitor their water consumption without compromising the overall showering experience.
- Spa-like experience: Moen's vertical spa fixtures and aromatherapy shower heads are perfect for those looking to have a relaxing shower.
Check out this Moen Rainshower showerhead on Amazon.
Moen is a popular brand because of its innovative designs and eco-friendly features. Also, purchasing a high-quality showerhead from Moen is possible without breaking the bank.
Check out this Moen Aromatherapy showerhead on Amazon.
Choose Kohler Showerheads
Kohler is the most established brand among the three. It was founded in 1873 and is a popular choice for those who are looking for quality craftsmanship and novel designs.
According to buyer reviews, Kohler is on the pricier side compared to other brands, but their products are made of high-quality materials that will provide years of enjoyment and satisfaction.
They also have unique designs that will suit every home's aesthetic. For instance, they produce a shower head with a Bluetooth speaker.
Check out this Kohler Moxie Bluetooth showerhead on Amazon.
Aside from the durability and utility of Kohler's showerheads, the brand is popular due to its Katalyst air-induction technology, easy installation, and excellent customer service.
- Katalyst Air-Induction technology: This product line from Kohler delivers a one-of-a-kind showering experience. The water droplets released from showerheads with this technology are bigger and warmer because air is infused into the water.
- Easy installation: Installing a Kohler showerhead is a relatively easy process that can be completed in just a few hours, even without the help of a professional.
- Excellent customer service: If you experience issues with your Kohler product and the user manual isn't helpful, you can expect fast, courteous service online and from their call agents.
Check out this Kohler Rainshower showerhead on Amazon.
Kohler's showerheads seamlessly combine aesthetics and functionality. No other brand can beat the contemporary look of their products and the enhanced use they bring to a bathroom.
When To Get A New Showerhead
The shower is one of the most used fixtures in a bathroom. A showerhead should ideally be replaced few years.
Here are a few signs that it is time to change your showerhead:
- Leaks: This is the most obvious sign that there is something wrong with your showerhead. If the leak is caused by the showerhead itself, it is time for an upgrade.
- Change in water pressure: If your water pressure suddenly becomes weaker or the showerhead blasts out water, you should check your showerhead. Chances are it's time to replace it.
- Mold/sediment: If you notice mold or any other type of buildup, take it as an urgent warning sign that you need a new showerhead. Black mold and sediment can be harmful to your health, so you should get a new showerhead as soon as possible.
- Bathroom upgrade: Don't forget to install a new shower head when doing a bathroom renovation. It is not only an excuse to get a more aesthetically pleasing unit, but it can add improved functionality to your bathroom.
What Are The Different Types of Showerheads?
If you are in the market for a new showerhead, you should consider the different types, as well as the brands of your liking. We'll go over some of the types in this section so you can make the best decision.
- Wall-mounted: Also known as a fixed showerhead, this is the most traditional kind of showerhead. As the name implies, this showerhead is installed directly into the wall
- Rainfall: Designed to simulate the natural feeling of falling rain, this showerhead is often found in modern bathrooms. It can be affixed to the ceiling or the shower wall, depending on your preference.
- Handheld: Unlike a fixed showerhead, a handheld model provides more flexibility because it has a hose that can be removed from a holder.
- Dual: This type of showerhead is a combination of the wall-mounted and handheld models. Because of its two-in-one setup, you can personalize your showering experience.
- Shower panel: A shower panel features an entire set of shower fixtures on a single panel that replaces the typical showerhead. The panel has multiple nozzles at varying heights and is directly installed on your shower wall.
It can be hard to choose a favorite when it comes to three equally respected brands like Delta, Moen, and Kohler.
Their showerheads are all uniquely designed with different technologies and features to meet customer expectations and needs. When it comes to water flow, pressure, and quality, the brands are on par with each other.
If you are looking for a classic showerhead design that is easy to clean, Delta could be the perfect match for you, while Moen is best if you are looking for a relaxing spa-like showering experience. Kohler is an excellent option if you want a fixture with a more contemporary design that will last a long time.
For an invigorating shower experience, we recommend choosing the brand that suits your style and preference. You should also take into account how much you are willing to spend on a new showerhead.
If you enjoyed reading this article, feel free to check out these related posts:
How To Remove A Shower Head/Arm That Is Glued On [Quick & Easy Guide!]
How High Should Rain Shower Head Be?