Want to organize your smart lights into groups? You've come to the right place since we've done the research on this topic to help you accomplish this task. Now you can avoid the tiresome process of turning on and off each smart bulb in your house individually!
Simply buy smart lightbulbs and link them to any of these applications (apps) on your smartphone if you wish to group smart lights:
- Amazon Alexa
- Apple Homekit
- Google Home
- Kasa Smart
- Philips Hue
- Smart Life
We'll go into great detail about each of the aforementioned apps in this article, specifically each step involved in switching on a group of smart lights. Additionally, we'll share some bulbs with you that are great for smart lighting. Continue reading for more information.
How To Group Smart Lights?
With the advent of smart home devices, home appliances can now behave more intelligently. Accessing and managing household appliances has become simpler than ever, minimizing the need to walk to every single appliance in your house to turn it on after a long day at work. Now, all your appliances are conveniently accessible and voice-activated controllable from your smartphone.
The management of a large number of smart lights in your home, however, could be a bit of a challenge.
But one of the most essential features of smart lights is grouping. Essentially, it enables you to pick out several lights and give them a joint command.
For this to work, you must first install smart lights in the proper fixtures and download an app that controls the hub or sends a signal to the smart lights to carry out the commands. The following applications are available for usage, along with instructions for activating them:
One of the most useful tips for anyone utilizing Alexa with smart light bulbs is how to organize similar lights into a single group. One can ask Alexa to switch on and off all of the lights in their kitchen, for instance, with a single command. This is how that procedure operates:
- Install the Amazon Alexa app on your Android or iPhone operating system (iOS) smartphone.
- Open the app.
- Hit the "Devices" button at the bottom.
- Press the "+" icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Select "Add Group".
- Choose "Create a room or device group"
- Press "Next".
- Choose from the pre-made room names or enter your own.
- Hit "Next".
- Choose all the lights you want to include in that group.
- Tap "Next".
- Tap "Skip" and you're done.
Now, you may ask Alexa to turn on all of the lights in any room you've chosen at once by saying, "Alexa, turn on the lights in the kitchen."
You can easily control all of your compatible devices from one location with Apple HomeKit. This app is available on iOS phones not on android. Below is a demonstration of how to group lights with this app for simpler control:
- Install the Apple HomeKit app on your Android or iOS smartphone.
- Open the app.
- Press any light.
- Tap the settings cog.
- Scroll down and tap “Group with Other Accessories”.
- Select all of the additional bulbs you want to group together from the list of eligible devices that will appear. Also, remember that you can only put devices together if they belong to the same type.
- At the dialog box, type a group name.
- Tap “Done”.
The simplest and most efficient method to organize your Google Home smart lights is to create different rooms for each and every set of lights you wish to be able to control with a single voice command.
You must first make sure that the smart lights are properly connected to the Google Nest or Home devices and follow the steps below for syncing Google Home devices with your smart lights grouping:
- Install the Google Home app on your smartphone.
- Open this app.
- Tap the "+" for your Google Home to add a new smart device.
- Type the smart light bulb a name.
- Select the category and group where the light should go.
- Enter the name you want to refer or call to the group of smart lights.
- Press the done or save button and wait a few seconds for propagation.
- After that, the smart bulb might blink a few times, just hold on until it synchronizes completely.
Using Hive Actions, you may group Hive lights. This approach is undoubtedly trickier than in other apps. These steps can help you organize your lights after you've connected them to the Hive app:
- Install the Hive app on your Android or iOS smartphone.
- Launch the app.
- In the menu, select "Actions”.
- Tap the "Discover" tab on iOS. Whereas, simply tap the “+” on Android.
- Choose the bulbs you wish to include in the group.
- Specify what they should perform by tapping and complying with the “When”, “While”, and “Then” boxes.
- Click "Done".
- Click "Next".
- Specify the action’s name. If you have several groups, give each one a unique name. Additionally, try to stay away from names with the same initial word.
- Click "Save” to complete.
Kasa Smart usually use a grouping feature to manage all their products with one tap on your smartphone. However, being able to manage all of your lighting at once is the finest aspect of this feature and this is how to do it:
- Install the Kasa Smart app on your Android or iOS smartphone.
- Launch the app.
- Tap “+” at the top right corner.
- Choose "Group" from the slider's bottom menu.
- Give your group a name and a location.
- Choose the smart devices you wish to include in the group. Add lighting as much as you want.
- Tap “SAVE” and finally, you can group some lights together to switch on before you come home if you want.
This is another wireless control for smart lights at any location with your smartphone. You can even turn it on, off, or dim it to any amount you choose and even change the color if it's a color-changing light bulb. Here's how to group Philips Hue lights to manage the space completely:
- Install the Philips Hue app.
- Open the app and begin on the home page.
- In the top right corner, tap the three dots.
- Simply click "Rooms & Zones."
- Choose "Create."
- Tap "Create zone."
- Enter the zone's name on the "Create New Zone Screen."
- Choose an icon for this zone.
- Add the lights you wanted to group into the zone.
- In the top right corner, tap the checkmark.
Using the "Groups" feature in the Ring app to group your Ring lights together is one of the most effective ways to use them. Your smart lights can respond intelligently to situations that arise on your property by being grouped together. To group smart lights together with this app, you'll need a Ring Bridge or Echo device and with the following steps:
- Install the Ring app on your smartphone.
- Get the Ring app open.
- Tap the device you want to include in a group.
- Select “Device Settings”.
- Click “Group”.
- Choose the group that already exists and tap it to add the device.
Smart Life includes a user-friendly interface and comprehensive features for managing the automation and tasks you've set up in your smart home. This is very useful when managing and operating your home remotely. Simply complete the following:
- Install the Smart Life app on your smartphone.
- Launch this app.
- Tap the "+" icon on the devices menu.
- Tap "Add Group".
- Make a new group. Choose the smart lights you want to include in that group.
- Set the performance guidelines.
What Are Some Of The Best Smart Bulbs Available In The Market?
The greatest smart light bulbs not only make it simple to brighten your house, but they can completely change any area and create the ideal ambiance for any event. In actuality, the greatest smart light bulbs are of the highest caliber, simple to use, and intuitive. Here are some online bulbs you might want to look into:
Geeni Prisma 800
The Geeni Prisma 800 is a value-packed smart bulb with a ton of features that works with Alexa and Google Assistant to enable voice control. It uses a two-factor authentication app and has a tunable color or white bulb.
Click here to see this Geeni Prisma 800 on Amazon.
Nanoleaf Essentials A19
The Nanoleaf Essentials A19 is one of the brightest bulbs on the market with 1,100 lumens. It's a fantastic HomeKit light bulb for every room in your house with dimmable capabilities and a rainbow of colors.
The distinctive, multifaceted design of the A19 bulb is among its most prominent features. It can automatically change the color temperature according to the time of day because it supports adaptive lighting.
Click here to see this Nanoleaf Essentials A19 on Amazon.
This bulb is more reasonably priced than some rivals while providing comparable functionality. But they're a simple recommendation if you simply want some excellent, affordable smart bulbs that work with Google Home.
Click here to see this GE Cync on Amazon.
Ring Smart Lighting Starter Kit
This large, brilliant light can be put on any wall and used to light a route at night. For extra protection, it is also powerful enough to light up much of your yard. The large solar panel on top means you'll never need to recharge it, which is a plus!
Click here to see this Ring Smart lighting starter kit on Amazon.
Grouping smart lights are simple if you have a light fixture that supports multiple smart bulbs. If you merely want to automate your home's lighting, spend your money on smart light bulbs with the characteristics you want. Then, group them in any of the applications above. May you make your house smart in many ways!
Before you go, check out some other interesting topics we have below.
Best Kitchen Lights For Low Ceiling