You may have trusted your Frigidaire refrigerator for its built-to-last reputation. But there might still come a time that you'll need to have some parts repaired. If you're not sure how to find your fridge's model number so you can identify the right parts for replacement, no worries! We've gathered all the information you'll need in one place to make it easier for you to locate this important detail.
In general, Frigidaire refrigerators usually have the model number inside the appliance. So, you'll normally find it on a sticker or metal plate depending on the model and type. You can also find the refrigerator model number on the user's manual, although sometimes it is incomplete.
Now that you know Frigidaire places their model number inside their refrigerators, we're sure you'll want to discover where exactly to find it on various models. Keep reading as we delve into those locations and more about your fridge and model numbers.
Where to locate the Frigidaire refrigerator model number inside the appliance?
As mentioned above, you can find the model number inside the refrigerator itself. But there are exact places where you can locate the silver sticker that shows its model number. For a Frigidaire refrigerator, you'll often see labels on the following:
- The ceiling of the refrigerator
- The inside wall of either the refrigerator or the freezer
- Inside the door on the wall behind the lower crisper drawer, or behind the kick plate
- On the frame behind the door
- Outside of the appliance at the upper left hand on the back, or along the edge
The standard Frigidaire side-by-side refrigerator may have its model number located on the right side of the compartment where the control panels are. For the Frigidaire Gallery collection refrigerators, the location may vary depending on the model.
The French door and side-by-side models may have their model number plates on the upper right part of the fresh food compartment. Top freezer models will likely have their model number on the upper right side of the fresh food compartment.
Model numbers are a combination of numbers and letters (e.g., LAT133000AAE). Model numbers usually appear on either a metal sticker or a silver plate.
How to determine how old your Frigidaire Refrigerator using the serial number
Ever wonder how old your appliance is? In general, a refrigerator's serial number can be easily located. It is usually on a metallic label that displays the manufacturer's name and the model number. The serial number will help you determine how old your appliance is.
To identify the accurate age of your refrigerator, first, you need to check the serial number of your appliance. This number is 10 characters. Second, you have to determine the format.
The first two characters are letters and the remaining are numbers. The first letter signifies the manufacturer's location, and the second letter is the product identification. The first three numbers determine the verified age of your refrigerator. The first number states when it was produced. Let's have a look at this example:
V- Manufacturer's location
M- Year of the production (2022)
19- Week of the production
1369- Position produced
But this is only in general, and it applies to most appliances. Frigidaire refrigerators, however, have 3 types of serial number formats.
- FGA030310579 - This type begins with three letters and the rest are numbers. The 4th and the 5th numerical number that is combined is the year it was manufactured, while the 6th and the 7th number is the month it was manufactured.
- G6R9905-05028 - The second type begins with a letter, followed by a number. Next, there is another single letter, and the rest are numbers. The 4th and the 5th serial numbers combined are the year that it was manufactured, while the 6th and 7th were the manufactured month.
- Style 3: 21584-97B - The third format is five numbers followed by a dash and a single letter, with a total of nine characters including the dash. The 7th and 8th digits are the year it was manufactured, and the 9th digit is the manufactured month.
How long is the lifespan of a Frigidaire refrigerator?
Frigidaire is well known in the refrigerator industry. That is why most Americans call any refrigerator a Frigidaire, regardless of the brand. It has a reputation for good quality service and it's a leading brand, so you can expect Frigidaire appliances to be durable.
Depending on the model and how you maintain it, usually, Frigidaire refrigerators last for about 17 years on average. Compact refrigerators last for 14 years.
How to maintain your Frigidaire refrigerator
Frigidaire refrigerators come with removable shelves and drawers, this way you clean your refrigerator easily. Follow the steps below to easily clean your fridge and learn what type of cleaning products are good to use.
- Remove the food and products that are inside the fridge and put them aside. This is also a good way to remove unwanted or spoiled food from the fridge.
- Pull out the shelves and drawers gently. This will help you to easily clean your fridge. Gently pull out the drawers and soak them in bubble water.
- Defrosting the fridge is also necessary to remove the excess buildup of ice inside your fridge and so you can easily wash it from the inside.
- Using a damp cloth, wipe down any surfaces that you cannot be remove. You can mix 1/4 cup of baking soda with warm water to help remove any unpleasant odors.
- Some Frigidaire models have a smudge-proof stainless-still finish. This will make cleaning the outside simple. You can mix some vinegar with oil to bring back its natural shine. If there's any build-up of dirt on the outside, you can simply spray it with vinegar and wipe it down. If your model does not have a stainless-steel finish, you can also use the same baking soda and water mixture to wipe it down or a mild surface cleaner should suffice.
How to determine if your Frigidaire Refrigerator is still under warranty
When you purchase a Frigidaire refrigerator, it already comes with a one-year limited warranty. You can look for the specifics of the warranty on the back of your owner's manual. You can also get a copy of the manual through their website. All you have to do is look for the model that you purchased.
While registration is not required to receive warranty coverage, registration does offer benefits beyond the one-year warranty, which include:
You can purchase an extended warranty through Frigidaire and there are a few options to choose from. You can choose from a one, two, or three-year Frigidaire service contract.
Frigidaire will cover repairs and replacements needed as well as the labor costs for the service, replacement of the appliance if repair is out of the question, and service from factory-trained experts specializing in Frigidaire products. If you are unsatisfied with the coverage, you may receive a complete refund of the remaining services.
Frigidaire Factory Service
Available in some areas, this means that you can get a factory-trained technician specializing in Frigidaire products to work on your appliance.
Registration of your appliance also helps to make filing the warranty claim much easier. There is no problem if you haven't already registered your appliance, all you have to do is look up the model and serial numbers using the methods mentioned in the guide above.
When is the right time to replace your appliance?
We have discussed that the lifespan of a Frigidaire refrigerator can last for about 14 to 17 years, but this would not determine if the appliance itself needs to be replaced.
Here are some signs that you need to replace your fridge:
- When the back of the fridge is emitting excessive heat - Yes, it is normal that the back of our refrigerator emits heat, but too much is not good. The cause of this is that the motor is running too hot, which will cause malfunctions and leaks. It is better to call a repairman in this early stage to tell if the fridge needs to be replaced or if it can be saved.
- When your fridge starts to sweat - This indicates that your fridge is having excessive condensation, resulting in insufficient cooling capabilities. You will notice moisture appearing on the exterior of your fridge. If the condensation also appears on the interior of the fridge, the reason for this is the internal temperature isn't cold enough. This is the right time to replace your appliance to avoid food spoilage.
- It's too loud - When turned on, most refrigerators emit a faint hum. But if you start to hear it buzz loudly, that means that the motor might be struggling to work properly. You can troubleshoot this by unplugging and plugging it back in after a few minutes. If this does not take care of the problem or if it persists, then it's definite that the appliance is due for a replacement.
- Not emitting any sound at all - While being too loud can point to some issues as stated above, a completely silent fridge along with noticeably warm food can point to another issue that you may have, which is the compressor. Use the same troubleshooting method of unplugging and plugging it back in. If the issue persists, you may need to start looking for a replacement.
Frigidaire refrigerator has been in the appliance industry for a very long time, proof that the brand itself is trusted and durable. You have also learned that you can find the model number inside the fridge and the places where you can spot it.
Before you go, be sure to check out these other posts that may be helpful to you:
Can You Put A Fridge On Carpet?