If you're looking to improve the security of your home, installing a Garrison electronic deadbolt can be an effective solution. However, setting up and programming the deadbolt can be confusing for those who are not familiar with the process. In this article, we'll provide a step-by-step guide on how to program a Garrison electronic deadbolt.
The specific steps for programming a Garrison electronic deadbolt may vary depending on the model. However, here are some general guidelines that can help:
- Locate the learn button
- Press and hold the button
- Enter your new four-digit code
- Wait for an LED light
- Exit programming mode
- Test the deadbolt
Continue reading as we discuss more details about programming your Garrison electronic deadbolt and other related questions. Also, at the end of this post, you will find related helpful articles.
How To Program A Garrison Electronic Deadbolt
Once you've installed the Garrison electronic deadbolt, before doing any programming, you will have to perform a door handling detection. To do this, just simply follow these steps.
- Start by entering the default programming code (0000) and pressing the Garrison button.
- Press the number 0 and then press the Garrison button.
Here are the detailed guidelines on properly programming your Garrison electronic deadbolt. If you want to change the default programming code of 0000 on your Garrison electronic deadbolt, follow these steps:
Locate the learn button
Locate the learn button on the top left-hand side of the deadbolt and press it.
Press and hold the button
Find the button you want to program. Press and hold it for three seconds. You can tap it or double-tap it. When programming has started, the deadbolt's LED light will flash green and red.
Put in your new four-digit code
Put in your new four-digit code (using any number from 0-9). Press the OK/ENTER button on the remote control.
Wait for an LED light
The LED light will flash green to show that programming is complete.
Exit programming mode
Once you have finished programming the deadbolt, press the programming button once more to exit programming mode.
Test the deadbolt
Test the deadbolt to ensure that it is functioning properly. Enter each user code to confirm that the deadbolt unlocks as expected.
These steps are general guidelines and may not apply to every Garrison electronic deadbolt. Always refer to the manufacturer's instructions for specific programming instructions for your particular model.
How To Change The Code On A Garrison Electronic Deadbolt
To change the code on your Garrison electronic deadbolt, follow these general steps:
- To begin, input your current Programming Code and press the Garrison button. The default Programming Code is usually 0000 if you've never modified it.
- After that, press the number 4 and then the Garrison button.
- Lastly, type in your new Programming Code (anywhere from 4 to 10 digits in length) and hit the Garrison button.
Remember that these steps are general guidelines and may not apply to every Garrison electronic deadbolt. Always refer to the manufacturer's instructions for specific programming instructions for your particular model.
How To Add New User Codes to a Garrison Electronic Deadbolt
To add a new user code to your Garrison electronic deadbolt, you can follow these steps:
- Press the button on your keypad for three seconds. The lights should flash green.
- Put in the current user code and hit ENTER.
- The words ADD CODES? should show up on the screen. Then press ENTER.
- Put in the new User Code and hit ENTER. To show that a new code has been added successfully, the screen will display CODES ADDED.
How To Delete User Codes on a Garrison Electronic Deadbolt
If you need to delete a user code from your Garrison electronic deadbolt, you can follow these steps:
- Unlock the deadbolt and confirm that the master code is working. Then press the SET button for two seconds. When the LED light flashes twice, release the button.
- Put in your master code. Then enter the new master code. Press SET for two seconds. When the LED light blinks twice, release the SET button. The lock will go into programming mode. The LED light should flash twice every couple of seconds until you hit SET or open/close the door via the keypad.
- Enter the user code that you want to delete. Press SET until you see the LED light flash. Then release the button. Press SET once again if the LED light doesn't flash twice within five seconds.