The Moen shower uses a U system that monitors its operations. If the U system senses an issue, it shuts the shower instantly. You cannot use the shower again unless you reset the system. If you are wondering how to reset your Moen shower system, here's an easy step-by-step guide below.
The Moen shower reset process is simple. All you need to do is:
- Tap the temperature down arrow sign.
- Allow the Moen system to reboot for a few minutes.
- Tap the bottom outlet key.
- Tap the bottom outlet key again to select [Factory Reset].
- Tap the temperature down arrow key and ensure the word [YES] is in the highlight option.
- Tap the [Next] key to start the resetting cycle.
NOTE: You will need to create a new setup for language, time zone, temperature indicator, and water savings preset after resetting your Moen shower system. So, delete the previous pre-settings in the U system before linking the new settings to the controller.
That's plenty of vital information right there. However, there's so much to learn below. So make sure to stay with us until the end.
The Moen Shower Reset Process Guide
Your Moen shower utilizes an advanced device called a U controller. This device lets you manage and even reset your shower system.
Here's the detailed step-by-step guide to resetting your Moen shower system.
- Go to your Moen shower U system controller and tap the temperature down arrow sign.
- Wait for about five seconds until the technical information window appears. Older versions of the controller will display [Reset to Factory Defaults], while U controllers beyond the 3.0.0 version will display [Reset] at the lower right portion of the panel.
- Tap the bottom outlet key once.
- Tap the bottom outlet key again to select [Factory Reset] to view the resetting confirmation window.
- Tap next to the temperature down arrow key and select [YES] in the option - this serves as a confirmation window to reset the existing Moen system setups.
- Tap the [Next] key to start loading the resetting cycle.
NOTE: After following these steps, you should begin setting up your Moen system and other essential setups.
Setting The Moen U Controller System
Once you've successfully reset the Moen shower system, setting the language, time zone, temperature indicator, and water savings preset will follow. This is vital for your Moen shower's effective and smooth operation.
Here's how you set these Moen shower setups:
Begin setting up your Moen U controller by tapping the middle power key to start the U controller. Once it is ON, the language window setup will show. Then, follow the steps below:
- You can select your preferred language by tapping and scrolling the hot and cold U controller keys.
- Tap the [DONE] key to save your language settings.
Time Zone And Temperature Indicator Setups
After setting the language, the time zone and temperature indicator window will automatically show. Follow the steps below to set them:
- Select your desired time zone and temperature settings by pressing the U controller hot and cold arrow navigational keys.
- Tap the [DONE] key to advance to the water savings setups.
Water Savings Mode Setups
Before you press anything in the water savings mode window, first read and understand the relevant information.
Supposing the information requires you to activate the water savings mode, tap [YES]. Otherwise, tap [NO] to abort this setup.
The Moen shower is ready for operation once you complete all the necessary setups.
How To Download And Create A Moen Shower Smart Account
You can download the Moen shower smart app either from the iOS app store or Android Google Play Store. Note that downloading the Moen smart app will require at least iOS 10.0 or Android 6.0 version.
Here's how you download the Moen shower smart app from iOS:
- Open the Apple App Store on your iPhone device.
- Search the [Smart Shower] app and tap it.
- Select the [GET] icon and tap the [INSTALL] key to download the smart app.
- Once the Moen shower smart app finishes downloading, find the app icon on your iPhone home's screen and tap it.
The following steps will teach you to download a Moen smart app using Android Google Play Store:
- Press the Google Play Store on your Android phone.
- Search for the [Smart Shower] and tap [INSTALL] to download the Moen smart app.
- Open the app on your phone's home screen.
The steps followed to create an account are the same for iOS and Android phones. So, open the downloaded app and enter this information in the window that pops up:
- Your name
- A valid Email
- Log-in name
NOTE: You don't need to worry if you forget your password; the app will instantly send the password details to your Email.
Linking The Moen Shower Smart App To Your U Controller
Now that you have your Moen smart app ready linking it to the U controller should be your next task. Linking is critical to control several Moen showers seamlessly via phone app, voice, and of course, in the controller.
Note that the smart app only works on a 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network, so connect your phone to a 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network.
Here's the linking process you can follow if you use an iOS device:
- Open the smart app on your mobile phone and log in to your account.
- Tap the [Add Device].
- Proceed to your U controller and long-press the temperature Up key until a new window appears.
- The new window that pops up comprises the Moen app pin code. Please note it, as you need it later for the linking process.
- Tap [Next].
- Link your Moen mobile smart app to the Moen Wi-Fi network.
- Again tap [Next].
- Enter all the necessary details along with the Moen pin code and press [Start].
- Wait for the U controller's screen to turn blue; this implies that you've fully linked your Moen smart app to the controller.
After the linking steps, please stand by as selecting the device to configure the controller operating system will follow.
Setting An Operating System (OS)
This particular setup needs you to select the device operating system you want to use in the U control system. The system will only offer two options; iOS or Android.
Use these steps as your guide to continue configuring the U controller's operating system:
- Tap the [Next] bottom key in your U controller to view the QR code.
- Go to your phone's smart app and press [New Home] or [Add Home] to view the app's QR code.
- Securely face the phone's camera to the U controller's screen to scan the QR code.
- Select [Done].
- Again the U controller will turn blue once it finishes scanning the QR and selecting your desired OS.
Here's the linking process you can use as a guide with your Android device:
- Tap the U smart app to view the log-in screen.
- Enter the login details.
- Tap next to the three dots menu icon at the screen's upper right.
- Press the [Add Device].
- Long press the temperature Up sign in your U system controller.
NOTE: Kindly follow the iOS steps on how to set the pin code and scan the QR of your Android Moen controller OS. Also, if you can't operate your Moen shower properly, there might be improper settings in all these procedures. Thus, patiently and carefully follow all these procedures.
Kindly watch this visual tutorial for the linking process on YouTube:
How To Delete U System Existing Settings?
As mentioned, you should first erase the U system controller's previous settings before linking the new preset setups to the controller.
Here's the deleting process. This applies to both iOS and Android devices:
- Tap the app on your smartphone, then press the shower you want to delete.
- Select the [Settings] option.
- Choose the [Forget controller] at the bottom portion of the screen.
- Tap [Forget] to completely delete the shower's previous settings.
How Do You Set The Timer On Your Moen Controller?
You can modify and control your shower usage by setting its timer - this is essential for managing when you use your shower.
Here's how you can set the timer correctly:
- Press the [Timer] row key to view the [Timer Edit] task display.
- Slide the ball option to the left and right in the timer edit window to select the desired time.
- After selecting the time you want, select the timer-controller alert signal tone.
- You can set OFF the controller alarm tone by sliding the ball left and right.
- Tap the [DONE] key to save the settings you have made.
NOTE: The Moen controller timer settings only have a 20-minute maximum setup. If the timer reaches the preset timer, the system will automatically return to its default setup.
To Wrap Things Up
This article taught you how to reset your Moen shower system properly. We also shared how to set the Moen U controller's basic settings correctly and how to download the Moen smart app. We hope this information will make it easier to operate your Moen shower.
If you like this post, kindly read our other related posts below: