Manually cleaning your tile floors and grout can be exhausting. But lucky you, some machines can help you achieve cleaning perfection at the fraction of an effort. We have searched the internet and listed the best tile floor and grout cleaning machines for your picking.
Disclosure: We may get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
The top 5 best picks for cleaning your floor tile and grout are:
- Hoover FloorMate Deluxe
- Oreck ORB550MC Commercial Orbiter
- McCulloch MC1275
- Bissell PowerFresh
- PurSteam Therma Pro 211
Out of the dozens of floor cleaning machines on the market, each of our picks have features that put them above the cut. In the following sections, we will discuss the features of each item and the best way to maintain clean tile floors and grout.
What Is The Best Floor Cleaner For Tile Flooring And Grout
These 5 floor-cleaning machines have qualities that greatly appeal to the consumers. Read on to know what makes each worth a look.
Hoover FloorMate Deluxe
The Hoover FloorMate Deluxe is a Wet Dry Vacuum that cleans hardwood, laminate, vinyl, and tile cleaner. Its main features are the following:
- SpinScrub Brush Technology allows its brushes a 360° counter-rotation capability. This promotes deep but gentle cleaning of different substrates.
- Dual Tank Technology separates the clean and dirty water. This ensures that only clean water is used on the floor.
- Wash-Dry Mode is a 2-way selection system. The wash mode uses brushes and solutions to scrub dirt from the floor. Meanwhile, dry-only is used to dry excess water.
- CleanSurge Control allows easy application of extra detergent to stains and areas of high traffic.
- It has a 2-year warranty.
This vacuum type has a removable brush and nozzle with a cord length of 20 feet.
Oreck ORB550MC Commercial Orbiter
This commercial-grade multipurpose floor-cleaning machine is user-friendly. The Oreck ORB550MC mainly features:
- Random Orbital Drive makes this item glide easily on the floor and prevents brush, swirls, or sanding marks.
- Versatile as it pairs well with any other cleaning agent. Its 13" wide cleaning path gets the job done quickly.
- It is virtually maintenance-free since its induction motor is made of zinc and steel, which does not use gears and belts that easily wear out.
- There is a 1-year limited warranty for it.
The McCulloch is your heavy-duty steam cleaner. This machine is designed to remove stubborn stains with steam power from kitchen grease to grout dirt. This steam cleaner:
- Can deliver 45-minutes of continuous steam with a steam rate of 33-37 g/minute.
- 48 oz. capacity water tank and heating time of 8 minutes.
- With 15.7 feet power cord.
- Comes with an array of 18 accessories.
- Has a 2-year warranty
The Bissell PowerFresh steam mop sanitizes and freshens the room with its disc scents. Bissell also features the following:
- Flip-down scrubber easily brushes tough dirt.
- SmartSet Digital Steam Control allows you to choose how much steam power you need for cleaning.
- Swivel mechanism allows easy steering and long reach with its 23 feet cord.
- A 2-year limited warranty.
PurSteam Therma Pro 211
The PurSteam Therma Pro 211 is an all-around cleaner and steamer. You can use this to steam floors clean and sanitize clothes with its built-in handheld steamer. This flexible item also has:
- A short prep time of 30 seconds to be ready for use.
- 350ml water reservoir that steams for up to 25 minutes.
- Uses only tap water to steam
- A 1-year warranty
This machine is the true definition of versatile.
How To Deep Clean Tile Floors
Normal floor cleaning activities are usually sweeping and mopping. But eventually, you will notice your grout getting dark stains. This is because of mopping.
Mopping removes dirt from your tile floors but carries and deposits it in the grout between your tile. The dirt deposit causes dark discoloration. However, there are simple steps you can follow in cleaning your tile floors like a pro.
First, remove all loose dirt and dust. Using a soft-bristled broom, sweep dirt from the floor surface to the dustpan. Capture the remaining dust with a vacuum cleaner. Make use of the various vacuum attachments to reach less accessible corners.
Remove stains that have been set on your floor with the use of a mop. Make sure to use clean water, and always rinse your mop head clean after. This prevents dirt build-up on your mop.
To help your mop effectively clean floors, below are some cleaning solutions you might want to check out. These are some of the best floor cleaners available in the market. They are effective cleaners that support the preservation of the natural world.
You also might want to read this article: How To Clean The Floor Without A Mop In 7 Simple Steps.
1. Bona Hard-Surface Floor Cleaner
An all-purpose, water-based cleaner for hard-surface floors like tile, stone, and laminate. This neutral solution is rinse-free, quick-dry, and leaves no residue and a strong odor.
2. Mrs. Meyer's Multipurpose Cleaner Concentrate
This product is safe to use on floors, walls, and countertops. This cruelty-free formula is thoughtfully made from garden plants with aromatherapeutic scents.
3. Bissell, Multipurpose Floor Cleaning Formulated
The Bissell cleaning formula is a certified U.S. EPA Safer Choice. This means that the ingredients in this product are safe for people and the environment.
Another option to skip using cleaning solutions is to apply steam. Steaming not only removes stains, it also kills bacteria. Run steam on top of the grout to soften dirt and stain, and brush using the applicable attachment of the nozzle to scrub the stains out.
To know more about the right brush for your grout, read this: What Is The Best Brush To Clean Grout? [7 Great Brushes To Consider].
It is important to allow your grout to dry. If you let water sit, your grout will expand and eventually crack. Air-drying is also not advisable as it leaves water spots and streaks.
What experts do immediately after cleaning is dry and buff grout with a lint-free cloth. Using your foot or hands, slide your cloth front to back or in circles until the tile floor is dry. If your floor cleaning machine has dry buffing pads, you can also use this to quickly dry your floor.
What Alternative Solutions To Clean Tile Floors and Grout
If commercial cleaners are not readily available, you can make use of alternative solutions. Here are other cleaning options for different types of stains:
|Stain type||Cleaning Solution||Application|
|Coffee, tea, juice, ink, or foods like beets and pomegranates||Hydrogen peroxide||Do not wipe; instead, blot the stain with a lint-free cloth|
|Oil-based stains from food or paint||Club soda and water||Flush with club soda, then rinse with water.|
|Bleach, ammonia, mineral spirits, or acetone (choose only one, do not mix as mixing creates poisonous gas)||Blot gently, then flush with water.|
|Iron or rust stain||Baking soda and cleaning agent||Mix the baking soda and cleaning agent into a paste. Leave on the stain for 24 hours before rinsing.|
|Paint stains||Paint thinner||Apply thinner to the stain and scrape gently with a razor. Test on a small area first to see the effect on the tile.|
How To Maintain Clean Tile Floors and Grout
Deep cleaning your tile floor and grout is a meticulous and, honestly, bone-tiring activity. So, is there a shortcut to keeping your floor looking fresh and fab all the time? There is.
Here are some simple steps to keep your floors well looked after:
- Sweep your floors every day using the correct broom type.
- Vacuum your tile every week. If your area has a higher dust density, you might need to do it more often.
- Mop your tiles every two weeks. However, make mopping a weekly activity for your bathroom to reduce bacterial growth.
- Steam your tile floor and grout once a month.
- Seal your grouts and assess every year for the need to reapply. As a word of caution, you need to make sure your grouts are sealed before steaming. Apart from stains, steam can also break your grout if not sealed properly.
In cleaning your tile floors and grout, it is important to select the right machine. You can pick a Hoover FloorMate Deluxe, Oreck ORB550MC Commercial Orbiter, McCulloch MC1275, Bissell PowerFresh, or PurSteam Therma Pro 211. What's important is for you to choose a machine that will clean and help preserve the luster of your tile floor.
Before you go, here are some other topics: