A Wyze plug is a smart home device that allows you to control your electronic appliances even when you aren't at home. If the scheduling feature of your Wyze plug is not working, don't worry. We've researched this problem and provide the answer for you in this post.
There are several reasons why your Wyze plug schedule feature is not working. Here is a list of the possible causes:
- WiFi connectivity problems
- Firmware updates
- Location and timezone
When enabling the Wyze plug schedule feature, you should check that these items are set and working correctly. For a detailed explanation of how to solve this issue, keep reading.
Why Isn't My Wyze Plug Schedule Feature Working?
A Wyze plug is a smart plug that lets you use voice control or your smartphone to manage your electronic appliances from anywhere. You can conserve energy by setting up schedules for your devices to automatically turn on and off when you leave the house or at specific times of the day.
It is normal to encounter bugs with your Wyze plug schedule function. If it is suddenly not working, here are some of the possible reasons.
Your Wyze plug relies on WiFi connectivity. If it is having trouble connecting to your Wi-Fi network, your Wyze plug won't be able to receive or properly execute schedule updates.
Updates may be required for your Wyze plug to function properly. You should install the latest version of the Wyze app, as it may include bug fixes that could affect the performance of the schedule feature. You should check regularly for firmware updates that may be available for your Wyze plug.
Location and timezone
The wrong location or timezone could also be the reason why your Wyze plug schedule is not functioning. Make sure that your device's location services are properly synced and enabled for the Wyze app. If your device's location is not being properly tracked, your Wyze plug may not be able to execute the schedule based on the expected time and location.
If you're experiencing issues with your Wyze plug scheduling feature, here are some tips for troubleshooting the problem.
- Ensure that your Wyze plug is properly connected to your Wi-Fi network. You may need to reboot your Wi-Fi.
- Update your firmware. An outdated version may not communicate properly with your Wyze plug, which could lead to the schedule feature not working.
- Ensure that the time and date on your smartphone are accurate. Your Wyze plug's schedule might not function as intended if the time and date are incorrect.
- Check the app settings to see if your Wyze app is up-to-date and if the settings for your Wyze plug's schedule are properly configured. Make sure the schedule feature is enabled and that the time, day, and actions are set correctly.
- Try resetting your Wyze plug by unplugging it from the outlet for a few seconds and then plugging it back in. You can also press the power button on the plug for several seconds to reset it. This can sometimes resolve connectivity issues that may be causing the schedule to fail.
If none of the solutions mentioned above resolve the issue, contact Wyze support. They may be able to provide additional troubleshooting steps or replace the device if it is faulty.
How To Update Wyze Plug Firmware
When the Wyze plug has a firmware update, you'll get a notification in the Wyze app to notify you. Updates can happen automatically. However, if you set it to manual update, you will have to navigate through the process and manually update the firmware.
Setting the plug to update automatically can save you the hassle of manually resetting it. Before updating the firmware, you should ensure that your Wyze plug is connected to a stable Wi-Fi network and has a strong signal. To update the firmware of your Wyze plug, follow these steps:
- Open the Wyze app on your mobile device and tap the "Home" tab.
- Tap on the Wyze plug that you want to update.
- Tap on the gear icon in the top right corner of the screen to access the device settings.
- Scroll down and tap on "Firmware Update."
- If a new firmware update is available for your Wyze plug, you will see an option to update the firmware. Tap on "Update Now."
- Wait for the firmware update process to complete. It may take a few minutes to install and download the update. The speed of the update will depend on your connectivity.
Once the firmware update is complete, the Wyze plug will restart and be ready for use. Do not unplug the Wyze plug or turn off the power during the firmware update process.
How To Set Up A Wyze Plug
[PIN id="214765475982952329" description="hide" size="large"] [/PIN]
Setting up a Wyze plug is very easy. Here is a detailed guide on how to do it.
- Download and install the Wyze app on your smartphone or tablet from the App Store or Google Play.
- Plug the Wyze Plug into an electrical outlet.
- Open the Wyze app and sign in to your account. If you don't have an account yet, click sign up.
- Tap the "+" icon in the upper left-hand corner of the app's home screen. Select "Add Device" and then "Wyze Plug" from the list of available devices.
- The app will ask you to put the plug into pairing mode. To do this, press and hold the button on the side of the plug for 5-10 seconds until the light on the plug starts flashing rapidly.
- Connect your Wyze plug to your Wi-Fi network. Ensure that your network is not 5 GHz, as this will not work with your plug.
- Once the plug is in pairing mode, the app will detect it and ask you to name it. Choose a name for your plug and then select the room where it will be located.
- Follow the app's on-screen instructions to connect the plug to your Wi-Fi network. You will need to enter your Wi-Fi network name and password.
For a detailed step-by-step guide, check out this video:
Common Wyze Plug Problems
Users have encountered a few problems with the Wyze plug. Here are some of the most common issues and how to resolve them:
Will A Wyze Plug Continue Functioning If Power Goes Out?
A Wyze plug will not continue to function without a power supply and Wi-Fi. Note that a Wyze Plug is designed to return to its previous state after a power outage and will continue to function once power is restored.
Can You Control Your Wyze Plug Manually?
[PIN id="82331499676833626" description="hide" size="large"] [/PIN]
Yes, you can control the Wyze plug manually using the button on the device itself. The button is located on the side of the plug and can be used to turn the device on or off with a single press.
To turn the device on, simply press the button once. The LED light on the front of the plug will turn on, indicating that the connected device is also turned on. To turn the device off, press the button again. and the LED light will turn off, indicating that the connected device is also turned off.
The manual button can be useful in situations where you don't have access to the Wyze app or a voice assistant or if you just want to quickly turn the device on or off without having to use your phone or voice.
However, keep in mind that the manual button only provides basic control and does not allow you to set schedules or do the things you would do with the Wyze app or a voice assistant.
A Wyze plug can be a great addition to your home. Once the plug is connected to your Wi-Fi network, it will appear on the app's home screen, where you can turn it on or off. You can set schedules or control it with your voice if you have a compatible voice assistant like Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant.
We hope this article has provided you with the relevant information that you need. Want to read more? Check out these related articles below!