These issues will vary depending on the type of washer you have. Some solutions will not require you to fix critical components. If the issue is technical, let a professional inspect the electrical parts. Continue reading to learn about these problems and how you can solve them.
Why Won't My Karcher Pressure Washer Start?
Solutions To Start The Pressure Washer
Now that we've covered the various problems encountered by a power washer, you have an idea of which parts to work on. Try the solutions listed below to get your power washer started.
- Plug the cord of the washer into a working outlet. Make sure that the outlet is functioning.
- If the problem is with the extension cord, you can plug it into other machine and see if it works. The cord might be incompatible with the power washer if it does not. Purchase the recommended cord for your Karcher washer model.
- Use a multimeter to check if the unit's electrical capacity is within range.
- Also, test the GFCI once a month, and reset it before using the device.
- Press the RESET button on the power outlet if the washer model has one.
- Replace the defective components if these are beyond repair.
- Take the unit to a service center. After the assessment of a technician, the unit might need a complete overhaul.
For hoses filled with air, below is the process:
- Turn off the water supply and the washer.
- Attach a garden hose to the water input port.
- Then attach the high-pressure hose to the water outlet. Remove the spray wand on its end.
- While the washer is off, let unpressurized water flow through the hose for five minutes.
- Afterward, return the spray wand. Repeat the previous step while pulling the trigger of the wand tip to release the excess pressure.
- Switch on the pressure washer and use it.
Do not use the power washer if these solutions fail. You should contact Karcher customer service to help you with the problem. You can also reach them through their website and submit a ticket for your concern.
Tips For Using A Karcher Pressure Washer
It is important that you know the correct way to use the pressure washer. Remember the tips below:
- Use a wide spray nozzle if cleaning wider spaces.
- Adjust the pressure based on the surface you are working on.
- Select the suitable attachment for the surface you are cleaning.
- Start the pressure washer slowly before adjusting it to a higher setting.
- Do not clean a large space all at once.
- Disconnect the washer from the power supply if you are not using it.
- For gas-powered models, remove the gas from the tank to avoid evaporation.
- Do not forget to clean the washer (including the hose and filter) after every use to prevent the clogging and accumulation of mold.
- Let the washer dry completely, then store it in a dry place.
- Use a Karcher pump guard to protect the machine from corrosion, freezing temperatures, and premature wear.
For further details, consult the product manual or a Karcher representative.
A Karcher pressure washer will not turn on because of defective parts and internal components. The causes will vary depending on the type of washer you have.
There are simple steps to fix the issue, but you should ask for expert help if there are technical parts that need inspecting or replacing. You should also use and maintain the washer properly to prolong its life.
With a well-conditioned Karcher pressure washer, you can achieve a cleaner home.
Learn more about pressure washers from these posts: