Maybe you can't keep cleaning your house because your Bissell vacuum stopped working and needed a replacement part. Since the Bissell support line requires you to provide its model number, you're wondering where to look for it so you can have the broken part replaced. Well, you're on the right page. We have scoured the internet to help you with your concern.
Disclosure: We may get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
Depending on the type of vacuum you have, you'll find the model number label on a Bissell vacuum by checking out the following:
- The bottom rear wheels for an upright vacuum
- Outside and inside of the main housing for a canister vacuum
- On the top, side, and bottom of the main power unit for a central vacuum
Now that you have an idea of how to search for the model number on a Bissell vacuum, there's more to learn about your device. Keep reading as we take a closer look at the most frequently asked questions that Bissell vacuum owners and purchasers have.
Why Locating The Bissell Vacuum Model Number Is Important
Bissell makes a wide range of vacuum cleaners, from canisters and uprights to stick vacuums and central vacuums. Service and replacement of vacuum components may be necessary over time. Finding the model number is an important first step to help you find the right part for your specific model number.
Searching For The Bissell Vacuum Model Number
Every vacuum product comes with a model number label, but finding it may take some effort. Here's how to locate the model number for each of these Bissel vacuum types:
- Upright vacuum - Look for the model number label on the bottom rear of its wheels.
- Canister vacuum - You should find it on the outside and inside of the vacuum's main housing.
- Central vacuum - Search for the label on the top, side, and bottom of the main power unit, and there you'll see the model number.
If you are net-savvy you can just visit the Bissell vacuum homepage to search for your specific vacuum model number. Below are the steps to find your Bissell vacuum model number through the Bissell webpage customer service:
- Using your smartphones or any smart devices, access your browser and go to the Bissell site.
- When you're on their homepage, search for the menu parts and supplies section on the upper left side of the screen. Click on it.
- Another field section pops in, asking for the name of your product. Now you can fill in the search field with your correct product category, for example in the vacuum category.
- Moving on, this time it'll ask your product type on the search field. Fill in the field with your correct product type (e.g., the upright type).
- Lastly, after product type, you'll have to fill in the family type of your product in the search field, such as the PowerClean family for example.
There you have your specific model number for your vacuum unit!
You might also want to check out this YouTube video for a quick visual guide on how to locate your vacuum model number:
Searching For Your Bissell Vacuum Serial Number
On your Bissell vacuum unit, whether you have the upright type, central, or canister vacuum type, a white sticker containing the serial number is attached to each device. It's normally hidden below the cleaning tank or in the vacuum cleaner's lower rear or bottom (for Lift-Off versions, remove the Lift-Off pod to find the sticker).
You can also search online for the Bissell vacuum's serial number. Simply visit the Bissell homepage and follow the steps below:
- Using any smart device, browse and go to their website which we highlighted above.
- Once you are on board with their homepage, scroll down a little bit and look for "Product Information."
- Below the product information, fill in all the necessary data of your Bissell vacuum in the field.
- Once you are done, click at the end of the serial number field where it says, "Where is this?"
There you have again your specific model serial number for your vacuum unit!
Where Are Bissell Vacuum Cleaners Made?
As most Americans are aware, Bissell is one of the biggest American brands, yet their vacuum cleaners are no longer made in the U.S.A. The company relocated all of its production to China in 2003.
Bissell Vacuum Full Limited Lifetime Warranty
Your Bissell product is subject to exceptions and exclusions, then Bissell will replace or repair it upon receipt and after undergoing product assessment. Bissell's option, which is free of charge, during the life of any faulty or malfunctioning part, from the date of purchase by the initial purchaser.
What Is Covered?
This warranty only applies to personal use. Business or rental services are not included.
What Is Not Covered?
This warranty does not cover routine maintenance components such as the following:
In the event of a warranty claim, keep your original purchase receipt. It serves as a valid proof of purchase to avail of this warranty.
Bissell 60-Day Refund And Return Policy
The Bissell return and refund policy clearly states that if you're not pleased with your purchase, you have 60 days to return it for a replacement or a full refund. You may have your return picked up at your house with free shipping.
Instruction For Your Bissell Product Return
- Securely pack all products (including all accessories and manuals) and include the packaging list that was included with your purchase.
- No cleaning formula should be returned for safety concerns; nevertheless, they will be refunded.
- Attach your address to the exterior label of the returned package.
- Deliver your package to a FedEx designated shipping center.
- Call the FedEx Return Program 1-800-Go-FedEx (or 1-800-463-3339) to schedule a pick-up.
Instruction For Your Bissell Product Refund
- When your return product arrives at the warehouse, it is thoroughly examined to verify that all attachments, manuals, and other components are there.
- Your refund will be executed after all of the components have been confirmed as received. This might take up to two weeks, and the refund will be delivered in the same payment mechanism as the initial transaction.
- Please refer to your user's manual to review your warranty policy guide, if you are outside of the 60-day return period.
How Much Does A Bissell Bagless Canister Vacuum Weigh?
Weighing approximately 9.3 lbs, the Zing® Bagless Canister Vacuum is capable of cleaning your entire house with only one unit even though it's lightweight and small. The bagless vacuums provide powerful suction without the added weight and size. Because of their small size, these machines are simple to transport and store.
How Long Does A Vacuum Cleaner Last?
Manufacturers never say how long a vacuum cleaner will last, but you may extend its life by maintaining it properly and operating it appropriately. According to Consumer Reports, the average life expectancy of a vacuum cleaner is eight years. However, this is dependent not just on the vacuum's brand but also on how it is used.
Finding the model number and serial number on a Bissell vacuum is quite simple, depending on the model you have. While your vacuum is equipped with a variety of parts that requires regular maintenance to properly function, we hope that knowing your model and serial number's location will help you find your replacement part and finally come back to cleaning your house the most convenient way.
Before you leave this page, check out these related articles below for more information: